Monday, November 3, 2008

Making my own pumpkin puree!

I made my own pumpkin puree!
Want to see how I did it? Well of course you do.
It was so easy and made great pumpkin bread.
I got the bread recipe from Pumpkin Patches and more org.
They do have all kinds of instructions on their site as to how to do this too. I found them after I was already in the middle of doing my pumpkin.
So the first thing I did was to buy a pumpkin.
I washed it off and then cut open the top.



I scooped out all the guts. Get all that hangy stuff out too.

I cut it in half and put each half on a jelly roll pan
I then baked these in my oven at 375 degrees for about an hour

After it cooled off a bit I peeled off the shell and tossed the flesh into my KitchenAid mixing bowl.
I started using the mixer to puree it, but it wasn't working out as good as I thought it should. I decided I need a new tool for the kitchen.
So I stuck the whole gloop into a bowl with a lid and put it in the fridge. Then my loving hubby stopped at Target and bought me my new tool, it is an early birthday gift. It is a KitchenAid Immersion hand blender. I made quick work of turning that pumpkin into great puree the picture at the very top!
I got enough puree to make 2 loaves of bread and 2 pies.
I forgot to take pics of the treats. MMMMM.... It was sooo good. Soooo
Now I am off to the store to get a few more pumpkins before they are nowhere to be found. I will be making more puree and freezing it. I will freeze it in 1 or 2 cup quantities for easy thawing and future use.
I hope this inspires someone else to give it a try. It is so easy, I can't believe it!

No comments: