Monday, June 8, 2009

teens and car accidents

Teens and car accidents
Really there is so much that can be said on the subject. This is just weighing heavily on us right now. Saturday this was our afternoon
phone rings
mom: hi love
teen: mom I was just in an accident. Everyone is fine
mom: hang on we will find someone to get dad there I’ll call you back
mom gets dad up and he calls the home teacher who can’t help
so mom takes to calling some friends who live close by. without hesitation I get I will be there in just a minute.
mom calls teen back.
mom: are you sure you are ok? dad is on his way
teen: crying heavily I am sure it wasn’t bad
mom: you have to exchange driver info
teen: still crying heavily ok I will take care of it

so the crying continued and dad got there and found it really was not bad. The police officer said there is not enough damage to file a report. 2 cars backing up and neither one saw the other. The damage to both cars is minimal.

Here is the reason this is really effecting us.
We go to Sacrament meeting yesterday and the councilor who is conducting stands up and says I need to announce a young man from our ward was killed last night in a car accident. It’s all over the news here is a link.
So anyway all I could do is just feel so sad for this family and yet feel so relieved that my your teen was in an accident call turned out to be nothing really. It could have been so much worse. I am just feeling so heavy of heart over this. Please remember the Darrah family in your prayers, this is the family of the boy from our ward who was killed. Also the Knighton family needs our prayers. I can only imagine the pain and loss these families are feeling right now.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the family from your ward and so relieved at the same time that Alice is ok.