AWWWWW.........
the last day of school. It finally arrived! I am so glad to get to sleep in a bit now. To not have to get up and start scrambling to get everyone's hair done and make sure everyone is wearing decent clothing so they don't look like peasants out in the world.
Everyone came home glad the year is over. I got the report cards for the youngest three kids. Really elementary school they don't give grades. They give an opinion. So in the opinions of the classroom teachers they all did ok and can move on to the next grade level. Honestly we were a little curious about Grace's. Remember she is the one we had to fight to get her into the 4th grade. She exceeded the score on the standardized testing for the 4th grade, so really they had no reason to keep her back. So now we have a SENIOR IN HIGHSCHOOL, an 8th grader, a 6th grader, a 5th grader, and a 2nd grader. I don't know if I am really looking forward to summer too much. They have been getting a bit snippy and fighting a bit much lately. I am hoping it is just from all the mom has cancer stress that they have been under. Maybe seeing mom is doing ok for the most part they will calm down a bit? One can hope.
So we will be doing weekly trips to the library, playing some games, doing some journal writing, free school lunch, and not sure what else.
Tell me your plans.
New Writer! Jaelle's Daughter
8 years ago


1 comment:
Wow! Quawana, I need to check your blog more often. I had no idea you were having health problems. It always seems like the first days of summer are an adjustment for everyone. I hope things iron themselves out for you very soon.
Is Alice going to Cub Scout day camp again this year? She was a big hit with those kids last year. My son was looking over my shoulder once when I was reading your blog; he was so excited to see "The Energizer Bunny" there.
Would love to borrow your quilting frame. Thanks so much for the offer! I'll get your number from the stake directory and give you a call. Thanks again!
Post a Comment