Monday, October 6, 2008

You know it is a normal family when...

Do you ever answer the phone and you feel like your house is exploding around you? Drives me nuts. What is it about a ringing phone that sets everyone off?? Tonight I was just starting to make my wonderful gourmet dinner of fried potatoes, scrambled eggs with cheese and ham, blueberry muffins, and hot chocolate when the phone rang. No sooner do I touch the phone than the oldest 2 start arguing over who knows what, Grace is asking to play the piano, Jillian is singing at the top of her voice with the MP3 player on full volume, and Rachel is playing in the house with the dog who is barking up a storm. OH and I forgot the part where the toilet is running and someone says mom the toilet is overflowing. So I barely find out it is the new activity days leader from church, yes you read that right we got a call from the ad leader, and I say can I call you back my toilet is overflowing. I go running to the bathroom only to find out the toilet is not overflowing it is just running. I get everyone quieted down and the barking baby sent out to play ball and call the a.d. leader back. The house erupts again! So I take the call to my room for quiet. Get off the phone and go back to making dinner and say to Alice did she tell me the time the activity is on this Wednesday? Alice says no mom next Wednesday. So my house is now nice and calm so I call her again. AS soon as she picks up the phone chaos again!!!!
Well she says to me my house is the same! So I guess that means my family is normal.
I swear I wanted to bake the kids and not the muffins.
I am really looking forward to bed time tonight.
and on that note I am off to hurry kids through the shower!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well thats murphys law for you I suppose. Its that way here too. The phone is like a secret signal for the kids to suddenly decide that they HAVE to have something NOW! LOL

Hesses Madhouse said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog Quwana! Yes, I read your post, and my house is the EXACT same. Ugh! Makes me crazy! It will be nice to get to know you better.

Mary R said...

Heck ya!!! Your house is normal. My kids are the same way! The can be ignorning me all day...but as soon as phone is in hand -MOM I need this and that and this and that...grrrr