Well after sitting and posting a ton of pics for your enjoyment I promptly got sick. I have been in bed with a nasty cold for a couple of days now. No fun! I really am just a big baby. I feel miserable, but really it could be so much worse.
So what has been happening in Michael Land? Wouldn't you like an update? I know you would like more pictures, but didn't you just read how sick I am?
So anyway the kids are all doing quite well in school and adjusting to life in the new house, town, and ward.
OH this ward has the greatest set up, I believe it is all the wards in our building but not sure. So all the kids activities are on the same night, time, and place!! So mutual is Tuesdays at 7 at the church so is scouts and activity days! It is just great! Don't have to drive all over town different days of the week. I really love this system and wish all wards would do this!
The bishopric came over to visit us a couple weeks ago. I promptly told them I don't do talks I throw up. I told them how I barfed on the bishopric when I joined the church and gave the youth talk, or tried to give the talk. Just awful public speaking fear. They did ask Chuck to give a talk. Oh and we discovered the bishop and his family were in our ward in Eugene when Chad was born! What a small world. Chuck gave his talk this past Sunday and it was a good talk. I really am amazed by him sometimes.
Chuck is starting to prepare to apply for a management job that is opening up in his office. So prayers for him would be appreciated!
Lets see... Alice joined a computer club. She is really enjoying that. She is taking auto shop and elementary tutoring as well as AP economics and math, and language arts. She came home yesterday really excited that she got an A on her Econ test. She is working in Jill's class for her elementary tutoring class. She loves it and the kids love having her in there. She is starting to feel better about school here, but she still wishes she could have stayed at Aloha this last year of highschool. She loves her early morning seminary class too.
Chad is the one that seems to really have bloomed by moving out here! He has made quick friends with the other boys in Decons quorum. He hangs out with them at school and after school. It is great to see him making such great friendships. He is taking band, and guitar this year. When school first started he didn't have a math class. I started asking him about his classes and said wait a minute! What about math? He said well I think I am smarter than the math they offer because everyone seems to be in pre algebra and that is what I was in last year. So I called the school. It was a mistake and they tested him and he tested in the Highschool algebra level so he got to choose 8th grade algebra or highschool algebra. He picked the harder. Jazz band has started and he is loving that. He is looking forward to his first campout with the new ward in a couple weeks.
Rachel while disappointed at first she wouldn't be going to middle school has decided it is a good thing that she has another year of elementary school. She joined the schools roots and shoots club. It is some sort of environmental club. So far she is loving it and loving the little bit of separation from Grace. They both go to the same school, but are in different buildings. So they do get to play together at recess some but are separated a bit.
Grace started beginning band this year. She is playing the clarinet. She rides the highschool bus 2 days a week to attend band. She said at first it was a bit scary but now it is fine. She is enjoying school and loves to learn.
Jill has stopped asking to be homeschooled. She is making friends and having a good time. She comes home singing and dancing in the door everyday. She really likes her teacher and class mates. It is so much fun to watch her grow. Of course she misses her "bff" It is funny to listen to her talk like a bigger kid. She watches too much tween disney!
Well I think that is about it. When I am not sick I am just enjoying being a homemaker. I have been doing a few crafts and have been happily gearing up for the holidays. Can't wait to host a big thanksgiving! We are really excited about that! Can't wait to spend time with family.
New Writer! Jaelle's Daughter
8 years ago


1 comment:
I seriously think we need to move out to Forest Grove. I can't believe all the opportunities you guys have out there!! But, I love my house too much to leave it so I guess I will deal :) HAHA. Glad it's working out and everyone is doing so great!!!
Post a Comment