Life in Michael Land seems to keep moving and changing even when I want to freeze it. A week ago today my little baby girl, who is not so little anymore, graduated from high school. I can't believe this phase in her life is done. She is really excited to go to BYUI next winter. I have to admit I am excited for her too. I really hope it will be a lot of fun for her. I know she will do well academically. She is so dang smart.
Due to budget issues the school had to cut a couple days from the year. So everyone else got out of school last Thursday. It was only a half day. The district spent a whole lot of money for the kids to sign yearbooks. Crazy. Chad had an 8th grade promotion and celebration Friday night. The kid got a whole bunch of certificates. Then he went and had dinner with the 8th graders and then they had a dance. He said it was a lot of fun.
The rest of the girls were excited to move on to the next grade. They are looking forward to the fall. Rachel has gotten into the news paper class and can't wait! She is also hoping that she got into the gardening class. She is trying to find her spot! Grace will be in her second year of playing the clarinet. Jill has an opportunity to take a string class next year. At first she says to me "mom I want to play the harp!" NO I can't afford that or have anyplace to put it. So we agreed that she could play the violin and use the school instrument till she decides if she likes it or not. I see another instrument purchase in our future. ACK!!!!!
So now it is summer for us and so far we have had a few days of really nice sunny weather, but alas the rain has returned. We have been decluttering rooms too. I can't believe how much clutter we accumulated in the last 9 months. It is crazy! Alice and Chad will both be camp councilors at cub day camp. This should be tons of fun!
I need to find some summer things to keep me going! Sigh....
summer!
New Writer! Jaelle's Daughter
8 years ago


1 comment:
What! Stop it!
How did I miss this?
Are you sure Alice is old enough to graduate & then start BYUI?
Sigh.
Post a Comment