Friday, November 13, 2009

13 Days to Thanksgiving!

OH MY GOSH!!!! I can't believe it is less than 2 weeks to Thanksgiving now! I guess I better double check my planner and my menu and get started on stuff! We are so excited to be hosting a "big" family holiday this year. Usually it is only us and mom in law. It is a nice quiet time and we just adore the visit. We have had a couple of thanksgivings where we have had some family members here, but this will be the biggest. We are looking forward to seeing everyone. I have all the decorations out. I think I need more for next year. I just have a little shopping to get done and then I am set!
So I keep getting asked what I serve. My husband said I am a traditionalist. I guess because I serve the same thing every year?

Here is our menu again
Snacks a couple hours before the meal
little smokies, pineapple cheese ball, chocolate chip cheese ball, salami and cheese platter, 2 kinds of chex mix, deviled eggs, maybe fudge
the main meal
turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, cranberries, fruit salad, jello salad, relish tray (carrots, sweet & dill pickles, olives, ranch), green bean casserole, wheat bread apple juice mixed with 7 up
PIES!!!
Pumpkin, apple, cherry, peach

I can't wait to cook this all! It will be fun and a great time to spend with the kids. They love to help with it all. Chad said he wants to make 1 of the turkeys all by himself, we will see.

So what are you doing to get ready for the holiday at your house?

2 comments:

Christy said...

Holidays? What holidays? haha, hmmm, right now not doing anything to get ready. I'm the one who gets it all done the night before :)

Darilyn said...

Hey, will you contact me by email at dlyn(dot)may(at)gmail? I need some info for your present you won off of my blog.